Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! So today is national bikini day and what better way to spend it than talking about swimwear! I’m going on holiday again in the summer to Ibiza and so I’ve scouted the internet and all the plus size brands to pick out my favourites.
I’m not going to lie it did take me forever to find some really sassy ones that I thought were Ibiza appropriate. I think plus size brands think that just because your fat assume you must be over 30. I scouted across a lot of different brands like Asos, Simply Be, Fig Leaves and Forever 21.
- Figleaves Curve High Neck Stud Swimsuit I love how this suit looks and the minute I saw it I knew I had to have it for Ibiza. The gold detailing and the high neck with the plunging detail just makes it so extra and I really do love it. I feel supported and in place in it. I can’t imagine it would be theme park proof in keeping the girls in tow though, however they would keep you supported through a gentle swim. This one is a little pricey but honestly the quality is 10/10. My only gripe with it is that at the back the cut out is just a little too deep and the pants don’t come up as high as I would like. I didn’t get mine directly from Figleaves I did however get it from Simply Be.
- Asos Curve Supportive Leopard Print Corset Swimsuit Honestly this is probably one of the most supportive swimsuits I’ve owned. You wouldn’t think it because there’s not much to it. But the straps over the shoulder are actually quite built up and give the girls that lift that they need. I love the leopard print detailing on the waistband and I feel relatively smoothed out. It’s definitely long enough in the body and not high legged. I think I got this in the sale at £22 and I’m really impressed with it.
- Forever 21 Plus Multistriped One Piece SwimsuitSo this suit is probably the cheapest out of the lot, but I do really love it. Multi-coloured stripes are everywhere at the moment and I think it’s because Pride is around the corner. I’ve got a few bits for my holiday that are multi striped. It truly is circus chic and I’m a fan. I do wish though that there was a little zip on the top half of the suit just for a little added detailing. Forever 21 do however have a two piece in the same print with a zip on the top.
- Figleaves Sporty BikiniYep this is another Figleaves number, but I just feel like they are slaying with their plus size swimwear. Again I got this one from Simply Be and the whole bikini cost me only £16.40! A bargain if you ask me. I love how the detailing on the bikini creates a line throughout the body it actually helps to elongate it. The pants are super high wasted and the top is longline so I don’t actually feel like I have a lot of skin on show. The stripe in the middle on the top is mesh and it helps to add a bit of sass to the number and adds to the sports luxe vibe. They really have thought of every detail even on the back the bikini top has a gold clasp and beads on the knot of the halter neck tie.
- Junarose Tropical SwimsuitSo I got this suit from Very, not a lot of people know that Very do plus size clothes, but there’s some really good stuff on there too! You can also get this suit from Dorothy Perkins. The suit is very firm and I feel really skims over my stomach and smooths me out. It’s not so supportive as it’s not very structured. But it’s so summery, I love the palm print that’s everywhere at the moment and I loved that Junarose had Incorporated a bit of colour in it to really bring it to life. This one is a little pricey at £33 but it’s definitely good quality.
- Forever 21 Red Cut Out SwimsuitSo I think this one is out of stock now, hence no link, however there are some similar ones on Forever 21. I bought this suit after seeing Curves On A Budget wearing it and honestly she rocked it. It’s firm and holds you in, there’s some metal underneath the bust, probably to add to how it looks but it does actually help to provide some support. The straps are adjustable and in case you’ve got a longer body or need more room for the girls. I love the colour though it’s almost like a Baywatch red.
- Figleaves (again) Necklace Detail SwimsuitI love love love the colour of this suit, it’s like a cerise pink. I like the added detailing of the necklace and the cut out I think it really helps to make it look and feel expensive. The suit is firm and does keep everything smooth and in place. There isn’t a lot of boob support as there’s not a lot of structure around the top half of the suit but I don’t have a lot to hold up. I saw Olivia Campbell in this suit on a Simply Be getaway and she looked fire, and when I realised it was only £21.50 in the sale I had to get it.
I’m so glad that I’ve been able to find swimwear that I feel good in, it really will help to give me a confidence boost when I’ll feel self-conscious. It will help me to forget what others are thinking because I feel good in what I’m wearing. No matter your size or your shape remember that every body is a bikini body so just go out there and enjoy the sun and put that bikini or one piece on.
Be your best summer babe, and live your best life!
If you’ve enjoyed reading this post then don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to receive updates and notifications on new blog posts.